PS! Denne resterende teksten er hentet fra: http://www.3dworldmag.com/page/3dworld?entry=win_copies_of_3ds_max
Autodesk 3ds Max has always made it possible to create stunning 3D imagery in less time, whether you work in architectural visualisation, games or visual effects. But now it offers you twice the flexibility: earlier this year, Autodesk launched two new editions of its modelling, rendering and animation software specially tailored for different types of user.
The 3ds Max 2009 Design edition offers a focused solution for architects, designers and visualisation professionals. In addition to the new Exposure lighting-analysis toolset, important for analysing indoor environmental quality for requirements such as LEED 8.1 certification, the software provides a range of industry-focused tutorials, and an intuitive user interface.
Users who prefer the original interface and default settings can choose 3ds Max 2009. Both editions of the software offer the new Reveal interactive rendering toolset; improved interoperability with industry-standard products such as Revit; the real-world ProMaterials library; and additional time-saving
UV mapping, character rigging and animation workflows.
3ds Max is used by visualisation studios such as Spine3D, Armstrong White and Ateliers Jean Nouvel; by games developers such as Ubisoft, BioWare and Epic Games; and by VFX houses such as the Emmy Award-winning Digital Dimension. The software offers close interoperability with Autodesk‘s other products, including Maya, MotionBuilder, Mudbox and AutoCAD. For more information, visit Autodesk's website.
ABOUT THE PRIZES
Thanks to Autodesk, we have one copy of each new edition of 3ds Max to give away, plus a technical day with a 3ds Max application engineer. Each copy of the software is worth $3,495 (£2,600). Training will be conducted at Autodesk’s in-house facility at London. Please note that the prize does not include travel or accommodation, and that you must be physically present at Autodesk‘s London facility to receive the training. The prize does not include an Autodesk subscription.
To be in with a chance of winning one of these excellent prizes, we’d like you to send us a rendered image created using any of Autodesk’s products. You don’t have to use only Autodesk software to create the image, but a significant proportion of the work should be done with its tools. If you would like to win the copy of 3ds Max 2009 Design, you should send us an architectural image; for the copy of 3ds Max 2009, a character image.
In each category, the sender of the image that, in the opinion of the judges, exhibits the greatest technical quality and creative flair, will be shortlisted for the prize. Each shortlisted entrant may then be asked to submit a higher-resolution render of their entry and the original scene file in order to qualify for their prize (the scene file will be used solely for fact-checking purposes, and will not be retained by Autodesk).
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By entering the contest, you confirm that you have read its terms and conditions and agree to be bound by them:
1. These rules and any other rules specified by Future Publishing Limited or any of its group of companies (the “Company”) and Autodesk, Inc. (the “Competition Sponsor”) from time to time (“Competition Rules”) apply to any competition which is run by or on behalf of the Company (“Competition”). By taking part in a Competition, you agree to be bound by the Competition Rules and by the decisions of the Company which are final in all matters relating to the Competition. The Company reserves the right to disqualify any entrant and/or winner in its absolute discretion for any reason and without notice in accordance with the Competition rules.
2. All entries must be received at the place specified during the period in which the Competition is open and late or incomplete entries will be disqualified. Proof of posting (if relevant) shall not be deemed proof of delivery. No responsibility can be accepted for entries which are lost, delayed, misdirected or corrupted during delivery to the place specified for any reason whatsoever.
3. Entries must be submitted by an individual (not via any agency or similar) and, unless otherwise stated, are limited to one per household. Prizes may be provided by a third party sponsor of the Competition. The Company reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute any prize with cash or a prize of comparable value.
4. The winning entry will be that which has met the entry criteria and which most closely meets the Competition criteria specified.
5. The Competition is open to all UK residents and residents of Europe, the Middle East and Africa of 18 years and over, except employees of: (a) the Company; and (b) any third party appointed by the Company to organise and/or manage the Competition; and [c] the Competition Sponsor.
6. By entering a Competition you:
(a) grant the Company, any third parties appointed by the Company for the purpose of organising and/or managing the Competition and the Competition Sponsor permission to use your name and likeness for the purpose of organising and/or managing the Competition, for announcing the winner of the Competition and for related promotional purposes; and
(b) grant the Company and the Competition Sponsor the right to use your personal information to send you information about their respective products and services which may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive this information, please follow the instructions given.
(c) accept that all entries will become the property of the Company upon receipt and will not be returned. You will retain all rights you have in the copyright and other intellectual property rights comprising the Competition entry but, by entering the Competition, you grant the Company and the Competition Sponsor a non-exclusive royalty-free worldwide, perpetual licence to reproduce your Competition entry in print and electronically;
(d) waive any moral rights or similar rights you have in your Competition entry whether such rights arise pursuant to the Copyright, Designs and Patent Act 1988 (the “Act”) or equivalent legislation anywhere in the world; and
(e) warrant to the Company that the Competition entry is wholly original to you and not wholly or substantially copied from any other material and that the Competition entry does not defame, cause injury to or invade the privacy of or otherwise infringe or violate any statutory, common law, regulatory or intellectual property rights of any third party.
7. You may be offered the chance to subscribe for a free newsletter or other service of the Company but failing to do this will not disqualify you from a Competition.
8. If you are a winner, you may have to provide additional information (including, without limitation, proof of age or identity) and/or complete additional documents and return them to the Company within a specified period. Failure to provide additional information and/or complete additional documents within the required time period, or if you cannot be contacted by email within three weeks of the closing date of the Competition, will result in your disqualification as a winner and an alternative winner will be selected.
9. The name(s) of the winner(s) and details of the winning entry or entries will be sent to anyone who requests the same within three (3) months of the closing date of the Competition. Requests should be sent to the postal or email address for competition entries and, if postal, should be accompanied by an SAE.
10. If you are a winner of a Competition:
(a) the receipt by you of any prize is conditional upon you complying with any and all applicable laws, rules and regulations including, without limitation, the Competition Rules;
(b) you acknowledge and agree that you have six months from notification of the winning entry to agree a mutually convenient date with the Competition Sponsor to attend the Competition Sponsor’s premises in London in order to receive the training element of the prize package. If no date can be agreed in this time, the Competition Sponsor reserves the right to withdraw this part of the prize package. For the avoidance of doubt, travel to and accommodation in London are not included in the prize package; and
(c) you acknowledge and agree that neither the Company or the Competition Sponsor or any of their employees, agents or subcontractors shall have any liability to you whatsoever in connection with your use and/or possession of your prize, provided that nothing in these Competition Rules shall exclude or limit the liability of any party for personal injury or death caused by negligence or for anything else which cannot be excluded or limited by law.
11. Unless otherwise stated, the Company is the promoter of the Competition.
12. If any of these rules are deemed to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, the affected rules shall be deleted from these Competition Rules but the remaining rules shall continue in full force and effect.
13. These Competition Rules and each Competition are governed by English law. Any disputes arising between the Company and any third party in relation to these Competition Rules and/or a Competition shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales (save that the Company shall be entitled to take action against a third party in any other jurisdiction).
HOW TO ENTER
Once you have read the terms and conditions, click the link below to send us an email. Attach your image (maximum file size: 5MB), and include the following things in the body of your email:
(a) Your full name
(b) Your postal address
(c) Your daytime telephone number
(d) Which Autodesk product(s) the image was created with
The closing date for entries is 12 November 2008.